Jay County Hospital has been providing 107 years of “quality care by those who care”. The first hospital was opened by two local physicians in a home located at High and Commerce Streets in 1906. From these humble beginnings, the hospital quickly grew and a more permanent solution was sought. In 1916 a new 14-bed hospital was built on West Arch Street. That building saw many additions over the years. In 1980, the third Jay County Hospital was opened at its present site.